Submit a Funding Inquiry
Some funding streams have deadlines and others are rolling, meaning that funding inquiries are accepted at any time. For those with deadlines, once the deadline has passed no additional funding inquiries will be accepted until the next funding cycle. Please note that Fels Fund will consider only one funding inquiry from your organization at a time.
If your organization has not applied for a grant since July 2017, please create an account to access the online proposal system. If you do not know whether your organization has an online account with Fels Fund, please contact us.
FUNDING INQUIRIES: WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY
- Location of services
- Name of a fiscal sponsor or a national organization for local office, if applicable
- Knowledge about past interactions with Fels (applied, grants, last grant date and amount)
- Legal name
- Name listed on the 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Tax Determination letter
- Fiscal sponsor or national organization name
- Organization name
- Name you do business as
- Local organization name
- Tax identification number (EIN)
- If using a Fiscal Sponsor or national organization, please omit
- Year founded
- Mailing address
- Web address
- General email address
- General phone number
- Contact information for CEO/President/Executive Director and Request Contact, if different
- Request Contact will be the primary contact if there are any questions regarding the application
- Legal name
- Preferred pronoun(s)
- Years of service
- Race & ethnicity
- Email address
- Direct phone number
- Number of staff (FT, PT, Contracted)
- Number of volunteers (One time, Recurring)
- Organization mission (50-word limit)
- Provide the organization’s mission.
- Marginalized communities/populations served (300-word limit)
- List which marginalized community(ies) and/or population(s) your organization serves. Include the neighborhoods represented by those you serve.
- Number of individuals served/ year in Philadelphia
- Zip codes of those served
- Races & ethnicities of those served
- Fiscal year start and end date
- Total amount of current fiscal year operating budget (expenses only)
- Total amount of project budget (expenses only)
- If requesting project funding
- Most recent audited financial statement (PDF only)
- If you do not have an audited financial statement, please upload your most recent 990 tax return.
- If you are using a fiscal sponsor, upload (1) your internal revenue and expense statement and (2) the fiscal sponsor’s audited financial statement.
Grant Request Information
- Request date
- Funding type (select one)
- Project support
- General operating
- Funding stream (select one)
Please visit our funding focus page for descriptions
- Arts & Culture
- Youth In-and-Exiting the Child Welfare System
- Immigrants & Refugees
- Social, Racial & Economic Justice
- Request amount
- Term (in months)
- Request purpose (255 character limit with spaces about 35 words)
- Request description (300-word limit)
- Provide a brief description of your idea, strategy and what you hope to achieve (i.e. goals). Also, provide a summary of key activities you will carry out during the grant period.
- Request context (300-word limit)
- Describe the marginalized community(ies)/population(s) that will be served through this request and the opportunity/need.
- Whose voices are represented in your work? In what ways are these voices incorporated? (300-word limit)
- If requesting project support, how does the project fit into the overall work of your organization? (200-word limit)
- How will you know your idea works? (100-word limit)
- Is there anything else you would like to share? (300-word limit)
- Please provide any feedback/suggestions you have concerning the funding inquiry process? (100-word limit)
- Upload a season brochure or a calendar of events. (PDF only)
- Only for the Arts & Culture funding stream
Internal Revenue Service Determination
By submitting this form, I certify that our determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), states we qualify as an organization described in 501(c)3 and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, and it is still in effect.