Fels Fund will provide general operating grants to organizations engaged in two or more of the following movement-building strategies:
- Advocating for policies that lead to equitable treatment, economic stability, and opportunity.
- Confronting and exposing harmful institutions and systems, and/or reimagining a world where policies, institutions and systems are designed with and by historically excluded communities.
- Promoting collective healing, and/or joy within and among historically excluded communities.
- Power-building activities such as organizing, political education, coalition building, base-building and/or collective action.
key things to know
- Fels Fund supports movement building strategies in pursuit of social justice.
- Fels Fund has one funding stream and one deadline to yield one grantee partner cohort for a three-year grant term.
- The grantmaking timeline including the application process and submission deadline will be announced in Spring 2024. The next grant cycle will open later this year and then again in 2027.
- Applicants may apply for general operating grants in the range of $25,000-$30,000 per year, totaling $75,000-$90,000 for the three-year grant term.
- Every grantee partner awarded a general operating grant will automatically receive an additional grant for Leadership Development and Wellness for $10,000 per year, totaling $30,000 for the three-year grant term. Fels Fund does not accept applications for Leadership Development and Wellness grants.
glossary of key terms
Shared language is helpful in working collaboratively and effectively, yet words like social justice, race equity, and movement building often hold different meanings for the organizations that use them. We created a glossary of key terms and definitions to clarify what Fels means when we use these terms to be clearer and more transparent.